Family’s very special Christmas tree warming hearts in northeast Florida By: Brad Rowland
With the holiday season approaching and the potential for colder temperatures, a fourth-grade student named Zoey Brown sprang into action.
Zoey, who attends PVPV-Rawlings Elementary School in Ponte Vedra, Florida, was inspired by The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program and, with a bit of help from her family, she created the “Tree of Warmth,” attracting attention from across the Jacksonville area.
Zoey, whose grandmother, Pam Brown, is the sister of Major Candice Biggers, drew her initial inspiration from an otherwise innocuous conversation during a family dinner.
“From my understanding, the trigger for this initiative was a conversation we were having during dinner with Pam, her husband, Steve, and their grandchildren,” said Major Keath Biggers, Jacksonville area commander.
“We were discussing the Angel Tree, and one of the children, Bronx, began calling it the ‘Homeless Tree’ by mistake. We..
Our Local Leadership
The Center of Hope
Family Thrift Store
- 9:30 am Sunday School
- 10:45 am Worship Service (Holiness Meeting)
- 10:30 am Senior Fellowship at Evangeline Booth Garden Apartments
- 4:00 pm Adult Bible Study at Evangeline Booth Garden Apartments
- 5:00 pm Men’s Community Basketball in Gym
- 5:30 pm Family Dinner (adult meal participants are asked to contribute $10 monthly)
- 6:00 pm Bible Study
- 6:00 pm Youth Character-Building Programs
- 7:30 pm Brass Band Practice
- 6:00 pm Men’s Community Basketball
- 6:30 pm Women’s Ministry & Men’s Club
- Answer phones
- Assist clients with calls or applications
- Evening Feeding (serving and clean up)
- Seasonal: Take applications during sign up weeks, Angel Tree, Red Kettle bell ringing.
2901 NE 14th St
Ocala, FL 34470-4817