(October 7, 2014 – Naples, Fla.) Collier County residents in need of holiday food assistance for their families and Christmas toys for their children may apply online starting today, October 7th through December 5, 2014.
Residents should first apply online at http://napleschristmascheer.com. Applicants will still need to register in-person with their documentation; however, they will save time in the “Express Application” line.
The Salvation Army of Collier County is the official partner of the annual Marine Corps Toys for Tots campaign. Families who registered with Toys for Tots previously can now apply through The Salvation Army in Collier County.
“Last year, The Salvation Army in Collier County helped over 14,000 adults, seniors and children for Thanksgiving and Christmas with food for the holidays and toys for the children,” said Major Dan Proctor, Regional Coordinator. “We are extremely grateful for the community support we receive every year, as it allows us to help take care of every family and every child for the holidays.”
1. Register online: http://napleschristmascheer.com (available in English, Spanish and Creole) Online registration runs October 7 – December 5, 2014 and saves time from the in-person application process listed below to complete the process.
2. Apply in person at The Salvation Army’s Toy Shop, located in Courthouse Shadows at 3360 Tamiami Trail East on any of these days:
• Monday, November 3 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
• Tuesday, November 4 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
• Wednesday, November 5 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
• Thursday, November 6 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
• Friday, November 7 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
3. Applicants need to bring:
• Photo ID – Valid Driver License preferred (other acceptable ID includes Passport, Birth Certificate, School ID or Green Card)
• Proof of income
• Proof of child’s age – Must bring child’s Birth Certificate
• Child’s clothing and shoe size(s)