Does your home have Irma related damage?
As the anniversary of Hurricane Irma approaches, thousands of elderly, low-income and chronically underserved residents of Collier County who were impacted still have unmet housing needs. Throughout Collier County, our neighbors are suffering as they reside under leaking roofs and amidst rotted interiors.
The Salvation Army has several programs available to assist with roof repairs. We also are partnering with a volunteer group to repair interiors of the homes damaged by Hurricane Irma at no charge to the homeowner.
To qualify survivors must complete an application packet and meet the criteria outlined below:
- Must be a homeowner whose name is on the deed and possess a clear title. All property taxes must be current.
- Must have lived in the home prior to Irma.
- Must own only one property, and must serve as the primary residence upon completion.
- Must agree to not sell the house within five years of rebuilding.
- Unable to afford a market-rate contractor.
- Sustainable homeownership, which includes purchasing flood insurance for at least a year.
- Below 120% AMI.
Also, someone in the household must meet one of the following vulnerabilities:
- Have Children living in the home
If you are in need of assistance, please call (239) 210-4016 and leave a voice message.