Have you ever wondered where your money goes when you donate to The Salvation Army of Melbourne?
In 2016-2017 our Social Service Department assisted 46,672 individuals.
- 40,962 received food, bread, fresh vegetables, clothing, furniture, household items, blankets, diapers, baby food, and personal hygiene products.
- 541 children received backpacks filled with school supplies.
- 32 families received one month’s rent. 18 received assistance filling a much needed prescription.
- 872 received assistance with a past due or shut off utility bill.
- 2,780 children and nursing home residents received gifts at Christmas.
- 1,467 individuals received a holiday meal on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Total Expense: $878,162
Sue M. Pridmore Center
- 109 women and children resided in the shelter.
- 6,944 nights of shelter were provided.
- 14,538 meals were served.
Total Shelter Expense: $331,275
The Salvation Army of Melbourne, Florida puts $0.82 of every $1.00 received, back into the South Brevard Community.