For residents of south Brevard County that need assistance with utilities, food, clothing, holiday assistance, etc., please contact the Social Service office:
1080 S. Hickory St, Melbourne, FL 32901
Monday – Friday | 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m .– 4:00 p.m.
Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner Deliveries
The Salvation Army will be distributing meals to home-bound individuals for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Applicants for a delivered dinner must not be able to attend the dinner that will be served at our location. Dinners are provided to elderly and home-bound individuals who do not have transportation to our location. To sign up for a dinner, applicants must contact the Social Service Department at least two weeks prior to the holiday (see hours and location above).
To receive a holiday meal, the applicant must have a valid photo ID, with correct address. If the address is not current, applicant must bring a utility bill in the applicant’s name showing the current address. Applicant must be a resident of south Brevard county; south of the Pineda Causeway.
Dinners will be delivered to homes on Thanksgiving and Christmas day.
Angel Tree Program Registration
Christmas gifts for children age 12 and under
Gifts for children age 12 and under:
Residents of south Brevard County (anyone living south of the Pineda Causeway) are eligible to sign up their children (age 12 and under) to receive toys and clothing as long as they have not signed up for gift assistance from any other agency.
Registration will take place at The Salvation Army’s Social Services offices off of Hickory Street in Melbourne on a first come, first serve basis. A limited number of applications will be taken each day. Registration will complete when we reach our target number of applicants.
Seniors from various nursing homes in the area will also be signed up for Christmas gifts. If you are interested in adding your nursing home please call and speak with Sharon 321-724-0494.
To register for assistance through The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program, the parent or legal guardian will need to bring the following documentation:
- VALID PHOTO ID (Driver’s License preferred), with correct address. If the address is not current, please bring a utility bill in your name showing the current address.MUST be a resident of South Brevard.
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS for the parent/legal guardian and all children age 12 and under.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES for all children age 12 and under.
- Proof of Need: Must bring one of the following in applicant’s name: – Section 8 or HUD lease documents – Medicaid eligibility letter – If you do not receive the above government assistance, please bring proof of monthly expenses (rent, electricity, telephone, insurance, etc.), and all income sources (most recent pay stub for each parent or guardian to show monthly household income.
- Please know clothing sizes and gift wishes for each child age 12 and under.