Have questions about our Holiday Assistance?
Call the Holiday Hotline at 904-301-4791
Holiday Assistance Programs
We know that the holidays can be a stressful time, especially when it's hard just to make ends meet. That's why we have several programs around Thanksgiving and Christmas to help families celebrate. To qualifying families, we provide Thanksgiving meal bags for a home-cooked feast, and filled stockings and angel bags to brighten the children’s Christmas morning.
Thanksgiving Grocery Bags
Families who meet the qualifying criteria will receive groceries for a typical Thanksgiving meal based on family size.
See below for dates/times for submitting your application.
Want to volunteer at our Thanksgiving distribution or help register applicants for this assistance? Find out more here.
Angel Tree Christmas Assistance Program
This program provides clothing and toys for children age birth through 12 years. The Angel Tree bags include at least a gift, outfit, and stocking, and will be distributed to pre-qualified families only. To receive Christmas assistance you must meet the criteria and submit an application.
Application Dates & Times:
Please make sure you meet the income criteria and bring with you the required documents listed below.
900 W. Adams St. Jacksonville, FL 32202
THANKSGIVING ASSISTANCE AND ANGEL TREE
Monday-Saturday October 1-6, 9am-11:30am and 1pm-3pm
Monday- Saturday October 8-13, 9am-11:30am and 1pm-3pm
Please bring the following documentation if you plan to apply for one of the holiday programs:
- Picture I.D. for all adults in household
- Social Security cards for all household members (including adults)
- Birth certificates for all children (age 18 and under).Or legal proof of custody.
- Verification of all household income which can include: TANF, SNAPS, child support and see
qualifying income criteria- last 3 consecutive pay stubs, social security/disability award letters,
unemployment benefits statement, school tuition letter, etc. A self employed individual must
provide completed tax returns from previous year.
- Verification of all household expenses: utilities bill with service address, car insurance, car note, utility
allowance, medical bills, etc.
- Proof of residency: lease, deed, or mortgage statement
- If you are living with family/friends and you are not on the lease, you must still meet the qualifying
income criteria, and present a notarized letter from the person on the lease that states the named
individuals living with them (include address and rent charged, if any) In addition, you must
provide incoming mail to verify address, if utility bill cannot be attained.