OK…this is not another New Year’s resolution pep talk, but a “let’s-get-down-to-what-really-matters” boost. Here are some meaningful steps to a more purposeful new year. Maybe God is speaking to you through one of them.
- Live like you’re loved by God. Make this the year you sit right down in the middle of that love and soak it into your soul.
- Act like you’re truly free. This year grab onto true freedom with both hands and don’t let anyone or anything wrench it away – not your job, not toxic relationships, not unsettled sin, not even religious expectation.
- Walk like you’re righteous. When you accepted Christ, God declared you righteous. You can walk into life this year like you have nothing to feel guilty about – because you don’t! You can stop clinging to past mistakes and failures and start walking out the truth of your position in Christ.
- Step forward confidently like you’re victorious. You can expect battles and trials this year. God never promised unending ease. But He did promise you victory for the battle.
- Rest like your power Source is infinite. On those days when you feel your humanness most deeply, rest in the God of all grace who gives His abundant grace.
Remember, these godly mindsets take time. Be gentle with yourself as you move forward your endeavor to be more Christlike.
written by Major Lauren Hodgson
You’re invited to worship services at your local Salvation Army church! Click here to find your nearest location.